Thursday 7 January 2016

New Year, New Challanges

So i hope everyones new year is going well, so far mine has kicked of to a great start, got my certificate for successfully completing the foundation BBST testing course, very happy about that. I highly recommend the course, it's packed full of great material.
I also gave a well received presentation on the test strategy for the ERP project at work to the 30 or so core individuals of both work and the reseller of AX that are helping with the config and installation, lots of questions, hopefully answered to everyone's satisfaction. Its been a long time since i've done any presentations so I was rather rusty, so I watched a few good presentations and did plenty of prep to ensure I knew what I wanted to say and at a good speed.
Now I have the challenge of moving it forwards, so I have a couple of exercises to detail, one to help them understand the initial activity of working out what we could test, I'm planning on taking a simple object and running a session or working out what all the testable elements of that are. Secondly I'm going to try running a version of the dice game, so they can practice thinking about how they understand something.
Then I just have to plan out how I'm going to train some people who've never tested before, so they can help out testing on the project.
Busy times ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment